Hello Grand Valley folks!
Google has launched a challenge, the “Google Local Guides Contest” to see what cities/communities can get the most location reviews from now until October 28. The winning city will get a special event in their hometown, hosted by Google! Join the challenge and help put Colorado’s Grand Valley on the map (literally) – here are 3 simple steps to get started:
- Sign up to be a Local Guide HERE
- Select your city here HERE
- Start reviewing! Simply pick your favorites spots – restaurants, shops, local business, museums, parks, bike trails….really anything that you can select – on Google Maps. Click “Reviews” – “Add Review” and start posting.
For more information, HERE is a link to the contest.
Need some convincing? Here’s why you should participate:
- More reviews on Google means better SEO (Search Engine Optimization), which not only means places like Grand Junction, Fruita and Palisade are more likely to show up in search – but your business will too!
- If Google comes to town, it doesn’t just mean a special celebration for us, but it’s a chance to show the tech giant how amazing our valley is.
- Google isn’t just rewarding the top-reviewed place – the top guides will get some very special, top-secret prizes as well.
Do those of us in smaller communities have a chance? YES. It may seem like this challenge favors larger cities, but winning cities will be determined by the percent of participating Local Guides in a given location — living in a big or small town won’t artificially affect your chances.
What about those of us that live in remote areas? Or live in places where Local Guides aren’t very active? The top individual contributors around the world will be rewarded with exclusive prizes regardless where they are — bustling cities, remote areas, and everywhere between. We’ll individually reward those who go above and beyond. And no, we won’t share what the reward is — it’s a surprise.
Use the hashtag, #GJFavoritePlace too!
This Post Sponsored by: